Siracusa 29 September - 2 October
120 competing projects, 90 of the most prestigious companies, more than 200
participants in the Second Convention on Responsible Communication: these are
the numbers for the second edition of the Arete Award (Siracusa, 29 September
- 2 October 2005), promoted by the Santa Chiara Club and the monthly publication
Tempo Economico. The recognition was thought up to give visibility to those
who, while working in communications, identify with the values of transparency
and correctness and carry the banner without refusing business.
The Overall Prize for the best communication product from a social responsibility
point of view was assigned to Unilever Italia for its Dove campaign "For
For the different categories in the competition, your votes produced the
- Company communication: ATM (Milanese Transport
Company) for its "Good Samaritan" project
- Public communication: The Police with its awareness campaign "Prevention
of fraud against the elderly" and "Drive carefully, zero alcohol,
all your life"
- Social communication: Piazza dei Mestieri Foundation for its brand image
- Internal communication: Banca Intesa for "WebIntesaTv"
- Publishing: Thirty Hours of Life Association for the book "the world
of opposites"; the prize was collected by Lorella Cuccarini, a dedicated
member of the association
- Radio: the programme of Rai Radio Uno "Different from whom" conducted
by Ilaria Sotis
- Television: The Rai Due programme, "A world of colours"
- Internet: the web site for children "Taking the tablet" by the
- Cinema: the film by Roberto Faenza "In the sunlight" about the
tragic tale of Don Puglisi
- Theatre: Piccolo Theatre in Milan for the "Mediterranean Festival"
- Journalists: Francesco Maggio from the weekly publication "Vita"
Some special awards were also given: Santa Chiara Club special prize to Siemens
Italia for its "Siemens for children in Ethiopia" project; Tempo
Economico special prize to the Town Council of Rovigo for its "City of
Rovigo prize on the national CSR"; Nielsen
Media Research Special Prize to TSF (Railway
Tele Systems) for the company convention "The musical"; Planet
Life Economy Foundation special prize to BNL for
its "Company journalism - multi-channel and multistakeholder communication
strategy" project; ISVI special prize to Humanitas
for telematic journalism "Humanitas Health"; Alcatel special prize
to the Cuniolo Institute for the awareness campaign "We're all on the
same road: TIRespetto" (word play for: I Respect You); Special prizes
from the Jury to Rai Cinema and Paolo Peluffo, Communication Adviser to the
President of the Republic.
Finally, a special mention to Bayer for the full length film "The Journey" and
the Town Council of Como for organising the first all night event.